Pregnancy is one of the best experiences in a woman’s life. Unfortunately, it can also take a nasty toll on the feminine physique. Significant weight gain and subsequent loss during pregnancy contribute to loss of abdominal tone, loose skin and isolated deposits of fat. Breastfeeding leads to sagging, deflated breasts. The good news is a mommy makeover can address all of these concerns in a single surgery, restoring your body to its pre-pregnancy shape and appearance.
What is a Mommy Makeover?
A mommy makeover is a combination of plastic surgery procedures designed to address the many cosmetic issues that are common after pregnancy and breastfeeding. The following procedures may be included:
- Breast enhancement through augmentation and/or a lift
- Sculpting of the midsection with a tummy tuck
- Body contouring of various areas using liposuction
The procedure is highly customizable to the unique needs of the individual patient. Dr. Leber will discuss your options prior to surgery to help you determine the best combination of procedures for your specific concerns.
What Concerns will it Address?
A mommy makeover may address any or all of the following concerns:
- Changes to breast size or shape
- Drooping or sagging in the breasts
- Flabby midsection due to loose, hanging skin
- Loss of abdominal muscle tone
- Pockets of fat that have not responded to diet and exercise
- Appearance of stretch marks across your lower abdomen
Who is a Candidate?
The best candidates for a mommy makeover are women that are in relatively good health and are finished having children. Patients will need to be able to arrange for time to recover after the procedure. It is also important to have realistic expectations of what this procedure can and cannot do for you. While a mommy makeover can help you achieve a slimmer, more youthful body profile, it is not weight loss surgery. Patients should be at a healthy weight before pursuing the procedure.
Why Choose Dr. Geoffrey Leber?
If you are looking for a surgeon to perform your mommy makeover, there are numerous reasons why Dr. Geoffrey Leber stands out from the crowd:
- Dr. Leber uses a special technique to augment breasts with the patient’s own tissue. Known as a dermal wing mastopexy or dermal wing lift, it is a viable option for patients that don’t want implants. The procedure repositions sagging breast tissue to a higher position on the chest wall giving improved cleavage and shape to the breast. Upper pole breast fullness can often be achieved similar to breast augmentation with an implant, however it is your own tissue (auto augmentation).
- Dr. Leber pays special attention to the appearance of the belly button and placement of incisions so patients are comfortable wearing two-piece bathing suits after surgery if they want.
- His goal is to achieve a firm, perky breast and a tightly-shaped abdomen to create the most beautiful female curve possible with every patient.
A mommy makeover can help you look and feel better about yourself after dedicating your life and body to your children. To learn more about this procedure, contact Dr. Leber’s office at 480-945-5522.