Throughout his studies and residencies, Dr. Geoffrey Leber demonstrated a dedication to his work and the ability to excel in all aspects of surgery. As a result, he has been recognized by his schools, medical facilities and other organizations:
Plastic Surgery Residency
- Invited keynote lecturer at the International Congress on Incisional Hernias, Universitatsklinikum Aachen Germany
General Surgery Residency
- Finalist in the Ninth Annual New England Surgical Society Resident Paper Competition
- Third place award at the Tufts University Annual Research Day
- Finalist in Baystate Medical Center’s Annual Research Day
- Honors commendation in General Surgery and Orthopaedic Surgery
- High pass commendation in Clinical Psychiatry and Ophthalmology
- Dean’s Award Research Stipend
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society Award for devotion and promotion of research in science
- Dean’s List
- Leber GE, Ellenbogen R. “Dermabrasion Versus Laser Resurfacing.” Comment in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Volume 106(7), June 2001 Read Read
- Leber GE, Gosain AK, “Surgical Excision of Supernumerary Digits to Prevent Post Ligation Neuroma.” Pediatric Dermatology March, 2003 Read
- Leber GE, Dzwierzynski WW, Sanger JR. “M-80 Explosive Hand Injuries” submitted to Journal of Hand Surgery
- Leber GE, Garb JL, Alexander A, Reed WP. “Long-term Complications Associated with Prosthetic Repair of Incisional Hernias.” Archives of Surgery; 133:378-382, 1998 Read
- Caliendo SNS, Leber GE. “A Courtroom Lesson in Physician Assisted Suicide.” Pennsylvania Medicine 95(9):40-42, 1992
- Murthy SNS, Shim H, Shah R, Leber GE, Ibrahim S, Cooper H and Clearfield HR. “Low Doses of Intracolonic Cyclosporin Enhanced Healing in Rodent Inflammatory Bowel Disease.” Proceedings of the Fifth International Symposium on Inflammation #196, September 1990.
- Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery by the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons, 2013-2015The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery “Certificate of Advanced Education in Cosmetic Surgery” is designed to recognize members who demonstrate an exceptional level of commitment to their continuing education in cosmetic plastic surgery.
- Physician Recognition Award by the American Medical Association
- Voted “Most Compassionate Doctor” 2010, 2011, 2012Compassionate Doctor Certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician’s overall and bedside manner scores.
- Featured in “So Scottsdale” Top Plastic Surgeons”
- Patients’ Choice Award, 2008.2009.2010,2011,2012Patients’ Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Patients’ Choice 5-year Honoree Award 2012The Patients’ Choice 5th Anniversary Award is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
- America’s Top Plastic Surgeons, 2004, 2005, 2012
- Top Plastic Surgeon in Phoenix Magazine “Top Doctor” 2010Dr. Geoffrey Leber was voted on of the area’s “Top Docs” in cosmetic plastic surgery by Phoenix Magazine. This award recognizes doctors and surgeons who demonstrate an exceptional level of skill and commitment within their field. The award is based on a peer-review survey that asks Phoenix area medical professionals to identify the best practitioners in their field.
- Talk of the Town, Arizona “Excellence in Customer Satisfaction” 2011Only the very best businesses have been chosen to receive the 2011 Talk of the Town Award for Excellence in Customer Satisfaction. The award was created by Customer Care News Magazine, publishers of Talk of the Town News to showcase companies that excel in serving their customers and get great reviews. Ratings and awards are calculated from online customer and business reviews.
- “Best of 2012 Paradise Valley”, Plastic Surgeon
- Angie’s List “Super Service Award” 2012The Angie’s List Super Service Award honors excellence among service and health providers who maintain superior service ratings and reviews on Angie’s list. Super Service Award winners re preferred among our members because the top 5% of quifying businesses per category, in each market, receive the award.
- Top Beauty Experts 2014, New Beauty Magazine